CPR & First Aid Certification: Heartsaver or Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Need a class now? Choose a blended learning course. Complete part 1 of the Heartsaver or Basic Life Support course online at http://www.onlineaha.org
Schedule part 2 and 3, practice and skills check off by appointment with one of our AHA instructors on Mondays or Fridays at our Sunset Hills office on Gravois Rd. Receive a 2 year AHA certification card in Heartsaver or Basic Life Support upon successful completion of skills testing. Call us at 314-504-7926 to schedule.
Certification course for the lay rescuer or employees with the exception of hospital workers. Learn adult & child CPR & AED skills. Optional infant module can be added with advance notice and additional 30 minutes and $5 extra fee. Receive 2 year certification upon completion of skills testing. Fee: $50
SAFETY is our passion! Our goal is to reduce injuries and save lives.
We provide child passenger safety education including a mobile car seat fitting station, CPR, AED, and First aid training, parenting education, and children's classes. The programs are designed for individuals, parents, kids, families, groups and businesses in the St Louis metro area. Our staff are experienced. knowledgeable, and are certified American Heart Association Basic Life Support Instructors and certified National Child Passenger Safety Technicians. Classes are offered at various locations or can be brought to your location. Our teaching is customized to meet the needs of you or your group and includes hands on practice for maximum retention of skills.
Holiday Gift Certificates
Looking for the perfect gift for an expectant or new Mom or Dad? Purchase a gift certifcate that can be used towards a car seat safety check or a Infant CPR class. For questions call our office at 314-504-7926.
Make sure your family is safe as your prepare your home for the holidays.
1. Supervise young children at holiday parties. Alcoholic drinks can be toxic to small children. Purses and coats left unattended can hold prescription and over the counter medication that can be poisonous.
2. Be careful with lit candles so pets, guests, and young children don't knock over.
3. Avoid overloading electrical outlets. No more than 3 strands of lights should be plugged together per extension cord.
4. Have a family escape plan in case of fire and a family meeting place outside the house.
5. Place breakable ornaments up high on the tree or mantel out of reach of small children and pets.
Click below to view more decoration safety tips from the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Shopping for the little ones on your list?
Follow these tips:
1. Purchase age appropriate toys. Look at labels and follow the suggested age recommendations on the toy.
2. Avoid toys with strings or cords for young children as they can be a strangulation hazard. Be careful with ribbons on packages.
3. Stay away from toys with small parts for children under age 3 that could pose a choking hazard. Anything that fits through an empty toilet paper roll is too small for birth to 3 years old.
With winter weather and holiday travel on the way, schedule a car seat safety check to see if your child is riding in the right seat and if the seat is installed correctly?
Safety Basics certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians can help you choose and install the right car seat for your child's age, weight, and height. Call us today to schedule a car seat safety check appointment at 314-504-7926 or click here for more information. Fees start at $25.